What is your SwiftKey bug?

LG Lucid 2 email app and SwiftKey

When typing in the email app on my LG Lucid 2 running Android 4.1.2, it's almost impossible to write an email. Sometimes it gets stuck on the letter, other times when I actually can type, it comes up with crazy predictions that I've never typed before, just random stuff. Please fix this!

24 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jonohue shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

Same problems in LG Optimus PRO g. Only started After I upgraded to the paid version. Sigh.

• Jonohue commented  · 

The issue also happens when you edit the contacts in a reply message, and then try to type a message..

• Jonohue commented  · 

The issue only happens when you compose a new email, and have a signature. If you reply to an email with a signature, there is no problem. So the bug is when you compose a new email in the native email app on the LG Lucid 2 running Android 4.1.2 with the latest firmware, it's impossible to type a new email if you have a signature. Please read all of the below comments for further information. I've narrowed it down to that.

• Jonohue commented  · 

It looks like this problem only happens when I use a signature in my email. When there is no signature at the bottom of the new message, all is well. So the issue lies in the fact that the signature somehow screws up the keyboard.

• Jonohue commented  · 

And when you hold the backspace key to delete the letters, you will see all sorts of crazy predictions come up in the prediction boxes as you are backspacing, trying to get rid of the letters. Then if you try and type Hello, for example, you will get SSSSHello, and it's ridiculous.

• Jonohue commented  · 

If I try typing hello in my email app on my LG Lucid 2, it will type lower case h, then lower case e takes place of the h previously typed, then if you type l it will take place of the previously typed e, etc... I love SwiftKey, it's unlike any other keyboard out there, I LOVE it. I am begging for a fix for this! I've noticed other issues with HTC and Samsung email clients that were similar and resolved, but LG remains buggy. Please take a look at this developers, this keyboard is amazing and I don't like any other keyboard out there!

• Jonohue commented  · 

LG Lucid 2 and native email app bug needs to be fixed! Or I'll be forced to go with another keyboard, but I love SwiftKey... Developers, please look into this and pay attention to the problem! I'm begging you! I really don't want to use swype...

• Jonohue commented  · 

Sometimes while typing the word hello in the native email app on the LG Lucid 2, it will type SAS Hello, and while typing, the words in the prediction boxes will be from my signature in my email, and it's impossible to compose an email. Running latest firmware, and latest version of SwiftKey 4.4, just updated the other day.

• Jonohue commented  · 

When I backspace, it will actually insert predictions, usually one of the words from my signature, at random. And it's near impossible to type anything.. Running the newest version, just updated today! Please fix this!

Feedback and Knowledge Base